COVID-19 has presented many new challenges that required dental schools and ASDA to take action. Regional guidelines vary across the United States causing ASDA chapters to differ in the extent of activities they are able to hold. Despite these differences, ASDA chapters have continued to offer programming, support, and value to members.
The PFM (Porcelain Fused to Metal) Crown Awards was designed by the 2020-2021 Council on Membership and approved by the 2020-2021 Board of Trustees to celebrate and recognize the efforts of all ASDA chapters during this unprecedented time.
The goal of the award is two-fold – provide chapters the opportunity to share their unique experience, and for those interested, submit an application to be considered for the PFM Crown Award.
For chapters that submit to be considered for the PFM Crown Award, a chapter finalist from each district will be recognized. Of the 11 finalists, one chapter will be selected for the PFM Crown Award.
- November 11, 2020 – Submissions open.
- January 15, 2021 – Submissions close.
- February 2021 – Council on Membership reviews chapter reports and videos from chapters that submitted for PFM Crown Award and selects a finalists from each district. One chapter from the 11 finalists will be named the PFM Crown Award winner.
- Starting mid-February – Finalists and PFM Crown Award winner announced on social media.
- March – All chapters that submit a video will receive $100.
Contact ASDA at Membership@ASDAnet.org with questions.